Sunday, August 7, 2011

The BEST Cinnamon Roll Recipe Ever!!

My poor little baby girl has yet again gotten sick! I swear it is NOT normal for an infant of her size to get sick this often. She has been sick 4 times in the last 3 months...NOT cool! Now I know why I am so paranoid, so don't get offended if I don't want to see you if you or your children are sick. I am just so tired of seeing my baby in so much pain all the time. She had bronchitus two months ago and it took her forever to get over that, not to mention Mike thinks her lungs are still suffering from that. But anyways, this time around it has just been a bad cold, SO FAR. Thank goodness! But all of you mothers must know what I mean, it is just heartbreaking seeing your child SO DANG SAD and there being nothing you can do about it, well to an extent. She had a temperature of 102 for two nights in a row, and thank goodness tylonel was able to take it down. And I think the worst part about it is is that she can hardly keep anything down because her milk thickens her mucas like crazy, hence why she continues to throw up. So she's been livin on Pedialyte and baby crackers.


On a happy note, she is a movin around our house and getting into things like I never thought was possible! It is so exciting to see her crawling, exploring, and pulling herself onto anything she can get those strong little fingers on! Her absolute favorite thing is climbing on mommy's craft chair and pulling out ALL of my ribbon spools in my craft room, which includes over 30 spools of ribbon. haha it is SO much fun to clean up! My sweet Evelette is now 8 months old and finally weighs 15 pounds!! I adore this little beauty so much. I sure hope she gets feeling better soon!

Besides the fact that they are so adorable, I have no idea why I continue to put shoes on her. She rips them off and immediatly starts chewing on them...everytime. But hey, at least she's cute doing it!!


This Cinnamon Roll recipe is almost the exact same as my homeade bread recipe that I love to use, just with the added sugars and cinnamon of course! :) It might be a bad thing (to Mike it's a GREAT thing), but when I have a sick child and stay home all day, I love to bake!!

Yummy Cinnamon Rolls:
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup warm water
3 Tbsp. yeast
1/2 vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. salt
5 1/4 cup flour

Mix the sugar, warm water, yeast, and veggie oil until dissolved. Cover this mixture with a moist dish towel and let rise for 15 mins.
Once it is risen, add the eggs, salt, and flour to the yeast mixture. In your stand mixer, mix until a soft dough forms. Knead for 5 mins. Roll out on counter into a rectangle shape, about 1/2" thick. Brush dough with 1/4 cup melted butter and layer on brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon. Roll up dough, from long side of rectangle, tightly pinching the edges. Cut into desired width, I like 1". Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Turn oven on now to 425 degrees. Let raise for 10 mins. Bake @ 425 for 10-15 mins. Move cinnamon rolls to a cooling rack so they don't continue to cook. Lather on the frosting right away. I like to use a vanilla buttercream frosting. BEST cinnamon rolls ever!


As Mike likes to call it, we took Evey on her first "MO MO" Ride!!! She was strapped on tight to daddy the whole fifteen mile ride. Her legs were stiff and she was standing the whole time. Ha ha it was so fun to watch her facial expressions on the ride. She is so cute.

We looked everywhere for a helmet to fit Evelette's head, but couldn't find one. Pretty sure that means she shouldn't go on a ride if they don't make helmets that small. But don't you worry, I have never seen Mike drive SO SLOW in my life.


Don't you just LOVE Mike's glasses!? hehe
We love living in Rangely. So many things to do outdoors and as Mike likes to say, "our backyard is motorcycle heaven!" Not literally our backyard, but pretty much! It's nice to just leave from our driveway and head out to the trails. It's nice that I finally have a four-wheeler (as crappy as it may be), so that I can join him on all the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment