Sunday, April 3, 2011

Serious Updating Time...!!

My perfect little daughter, Evelette Diane Meinzer, was born on Saturday December 4, 2010 at 12:31pm. She was a tiny 5 lbs 7 oz and 18 inches long. She was the most beautiful and aware little newborn baby I have ever seen. Thinking back on the first moment I finally saw her gets me very emotional. Michael and I are SO blessed with this perfectly healthy baby girl. Every day that I am blessed to be her mother, I just fall more and more in love with her! I am pretty sure she thinks to herself, "enough with the kisses and pictures already!!" haha But I just hope she knows this is only the beginning!!

Evelette only minutes old

1 Day old. Still can't believe how beautiful she is!

Proud mommy about 2 hours after birth


Very, VERY proud daddy.
 December 2 was my 35 week checkup. I had been experiencing blurry vision, horrible and painful migraines, shortness of breath, among many other things a few weeks before. At my checkup my blood pressure was sky rocket high, which is extremely abnormal for me, and a bunch of other symptoms. My doctor told me I had a mild case of Preclampsia and that its very possible I could be induced the next day. In panic, he sent me over to the OB Unit of the hospital to monitor the baby and have me "checked". Not surprisingly, I was not effaced or dilated at all. Little baby in my belly was doing great as far as they could tell. They monitered me for about 5 hours and decided I was ok to go home, that nothing was progressing but that I needed to come back in the next morning. I went home, told my husband that my doctor said I might be induced the next day but I thought it very unlikely. So Mike took work off just incase, even though I told him it might be a waste of time. Good thing he came because after being monitered again for 4 hours and my blood pressure being really high still, Dr. Griffith said the risks were WAY higher for the baby to stay inside of me versus waiting til she was full term, because of my Preclampsia. We were freaking out, pretty much in shock when I was wheeled into my labor and delivery room at 35 and 1/2 weeks pregnant. I was induced at 3pm that friday and was in labor for 13 hours before I got my epidural and was dilated to a 3. Once I got my epidural I was able to relax and very quickly continued to dilate. I was hating that I even waited that long, knowing that it would've gone that fast, but according to my nurse, I couldn't get my epidural til I was dilated to a 5...which I later found out that is not true, grrrr!! Evelette was born 25 hours later after a very LONG and PAINFUL labor process! But it was all worth it when she came out breathing on her own and healthy as can be! I was definitely being watched over and so blessed. We are so thankful for our little addition to the family! Love you sweetie!
Evey weighed just 5 lbs when we left the hospital, not even preemie clothes fit her yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment