Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our Beautiful Wedding Day

Here's just a few of my favorites, this was hard to choose, we have over 1000 amazing pictures of the temple, reception, and luncheon.

We miss you Grandma Perkins!
For those of you who do not know, my poor husband (and POOR me haha), less than 16 hours before this picture was taken, was at the gym lifting weights. He was bench pressing about 545 pounds, if I remember correctly. There was a guy there "spotting" him, and obviously didn't do a very good job because Mike ended up dropping the whole bar and 545 pounds onto his face/jaw. Long story short, I got a call while I was getting my nails done for the wedding saying that Mike had been in a horrible accident and was in the emergency room. I have NO IDEA how his jaw didn't break, or worse, but he was able to walk away from this with quite a few stitches right under his lower lip, on his chin, some teeth cemented back into place and some serious sores and ulcers in his mouth and throat that lasted WEEKS. I know for sure that day that our Heavenly Father protected him and made sure he was able to still go through the temple with me the very next morning. Satan tried to stop us from going to the temple, I am so grateful that my husband is ok and was able to fully recover from that accident, whether I had to talk for him the whole day, all our kisses were very short and filled with blood (EWE), but it was SO worth it and I wouldn't have changed it for the world.
I love my parents SO much. Without them, our beautiful day would have been nothing. They have been so amazing to me, have always been there for me, and are such good examples of how to stay happily married even after 25 years. I love you guys!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment